Monday, October 19, 2009

Music & Love

Instead of going to a crazy wild party and slut dancing at Sunny's, I went to my room mate's concert Saturday night. And it was well worth it! (I never liked slut dancing anyway...lol).

I was so happy that I decided to go to this concert. The orchestra played the most beautiful music and it left me flabbergasted by how amazingly talented our school is. It almost brought tears to my eyes while listening. The first piece they played was called Carnival composed by Dvojak (spelling?). Most amazing piece I have ever heard. The first note they played made my mouth drop! I couldn't at all explain how I felt the SECOND I heard them play. All I was able to say was "wow".

I was on the verge of crying because watching everyone up on the stage playing music made me really miss music. I used to be a part of the musicals and I used to be up on that stage singing and dancing my ass off! I used to complain to my friends about how I never had time for anything because rehearsals took up ALL of my time. Watching the performance made me really think of how much I loved what I did, and it made me realize how little I'm doing now in college. What am I doing with myself!? I expected myself to be much more involved on campus, but I'm not! I guess it had to do with me deciding to be lazy the first semester, but why did I decide that? Why am I allowing myself to rot away on campus? Jeez. This sucks.

But what also brought the tears to my eyes was the fact that the whole orchestra on stage really loved what they were doing, being music majors and all. Otherwise, they wouldn't be slaving off every last minute of their lives rehearsing. One person I want to point out is my room mate Jenna. She is so dedicated to her love for music. As me and her boyfriend sat in the audience Saturday night, watching her fiddle with her clarinet (she had to keep changing keys), we agreed that we didn't think we knew anyone, including ourselves, who loves music as much as she does. There is nothing at all we love that can compare to how much she loves music. She is literally practicing every minute she can, dedicating her life to music. She's in the University choir, SECOND chair in the Wind Ensemble, and she's in the orchestra. She might even be in some mysterious secret society for music players on campus that I don't know about because she is constantly not in the room! Her poor calendar is always full and I really wish she could take a chill pill, or smoke some "you know" to calm down. But I know she won't. She loves music and won't smoke anything that might affect her playing. I honestly admire her for loving music so much. I love it too, but I don't know how I would be able to stand it if I had her kind of schedule. Jenna Witterman, YOU are my hero<3.

Anyway, going to the concert was definitely the best decision I have made on campus. I would trade a crazy night out and slut dancing ANYTIME to hear wonderfully beautiful music.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUUUU
    you're my favorite roommate ever
    like ever ever ever
    <333

    oh and it's Dvorak (with fancy accents and stuff lol)

    =]

    ReplyDelete